Meals based on Vol. 1 - NOURISHED - REBIRTH | Spring 2014
Perfect for barbecues and weekday meals. Most of the ingredients can be made ahead and assembled for the meal. For a complete gluten free meal, serve these vegetarian burgers sandwiched between chickpea burger buns!
PHOTO: Asha RECIPE: Asha
Servings: 8 patties | Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 30-40 mins
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small onion, diced fine
2-3 new potatoes, diced to 1/2 inch cubes
1 carrot grated
1/3 cup crumble aged cheese such as Feta
2 T Dijon mustard
1 cup vegetable stock + 2 cups of water
1/4 cup coconut flour for coating
Salt, pepper and oil as needed
- Cook quinoa with garlic and liquids until tender (~20 mins).
- Meanwhile drizzle oil on the potatoes and onion, season with salt and pepper and roast until cooked ( ~15 mins).
- When everything is cooked, mix together all the remaining ingredients and set aside for 5 mins to firm up.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and using your palms create patties.
- If you find that mixture is too loose to form the patties, add coconut flour or other gluten free (or regular) flour 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Heat oil in skillet. Coat both sides of the patty in coconut flour and sear.